More than two years ago, a member of ARZA's Think Tank, the Institute for Reform Zionism, innocently asked, "Why don't we have a simple, concise definition of Reform Zionism?" The question initiated a process which has now resulted in this five-session curriculum. Each session provides readings and guided questions for the study of a particular piece of the Reform Zionism puzzle. The topics are:
I. Dreams and Reality
II. People, Land, and State
Reform Zionism:In Search of Clarity joins ARZA's previous curriculum, One Heart, Two Homes: Israel and the Sacred Identity of American Jews, as an important educational resource helping Reform congregations and their members understand their own relationships to the Land and State of Israel.
ARZA mailed very URJ congregation a free printed copy of this curriculum when it came out. In an age of both environmental and budgetary concerns, ARZA also wants to make the curriculum available to download (and print if you choose). We would be glad to send you a digital copy. Please e-mail us at email@example.com to receive yours today.
- In rabbi’s study sessions
- As a stand alone mini-course.
- As weekend Study Theme.
- As a parent study series.
- As a part of an Introduction to Judaism course.
- As a part of a parallel parent component to a Sunday morning family education program.
- In conjunction with a congregational trip to Israel (pre-study, study while in Israel, or study/reflection upon return).
- Contact our offices for more information on how to use this wonderful curriculum.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full program and the special PowerPoint Supplement for Educators.
This Educational Kit contains materials designed to engage your congregation with Israel through authentic and familiar stories and to expose them to a unique dimension of Reform involve-ment in Israel. Iniside you'll find the faces and voices of North American Reform Jews who have linked their faith and future with Israel. Some have expressed that connection by making Aliyah and relocating their lives to Israel, some divide their time between Israel and North America, and others are still wrestling with the options.
- A 9-minute DVD recently filmed in Israel.
- A resource booklet which includes nine autobiographical texts portraying different angles and views on the subject.
- A beautiful set of posters presenting the people at the center of each story.
- To read more about these innovative educational materials, and for information on ordering a kit, click here.
This guidebook was originally prepared in response to the 2006 war in Lebanon and was re-released during the 2008-2009 crisis in Gaza. These materials are helpful as you guide your congregants, your students, your friends, and your own minds and souls through troubled times.
You will find these topics addressed in Our Israel: A Reform Response (click on the links below)
For Rabbis and Cantors:
Adult Learning Sessions about
For Religious School Educators
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!