We know that organizing a trip to Israel can be daunting. Below are some resources for planing and promoting your Israel trip.
1) 'Making it Happen: Your Congregational Trip to Israel' - This comprehensive DVD is both instructional and promotional. Learn how to plan an Israel experience in which your entire congregation will want to join.
2) Fill the Bus - No matter the size of your congregation, recruiting participants can be a challenge. The following are some tips that can help transform the "I want to go"s into "Here's my deposit".
- Pulpit Push - an inspirational story or personal experience read from the bimah during Shabbat and major holiday services will activate your audience during it's largest gatherings
- Create a Committee - Empower travel-minded congregants or lay leaders to chair a special Israel Trip committee. Charge them with working on the itinerary and dates of the trip.
- ARZA Speakers Bureau - Consider inviting one of the ARZA speakers to your congregation for a special workshop on Israeli culture, or address on our Reform brothers and sisters in Israel.
3) Keep it Interesting - Excite your participants before you depart and then maintain the energy when you return by using suggestions from Israel Tamid, ARZA's programming guide for pre and post-trip.
4) Programs with Substance - Visit the Religious Action Center's website for information on making a Social Action oriented trip
5) Order Faces of Reform Aliyah - This Educational Kit contains materials designed to engage your congregation with Israel through authentic and familiar stories and to expose them to a unique dimension of Reform involvement in Israel.
6) Download ARZA's Un-packing It All In: Preparing for Your Israel Trip